HOLIDAY POSTER, AD & MAP
This holiday shopping program is designed to increase the number of Pagosa Shoppers committing to shop locally.
Become a participating local store or restaurant!
Nov. 15 – Dec. 15, 2020
Participating stores and restaurants coming Nov. 1st!
- Residents and visitors pledge to do the majority of their holiday shopping with local Pagosa Springs Merchants.
- When they fill out their pledge, they will receive a Holiday Hoopla ID Card., with which they can identify themselves at all participating retailers and restaurants.
- Pledgers only need to pledge once to be eligible for all program benefits at all participating Merchants.
- Pledged Shoppers may be entered into a drawing for prize packages.
- Additional prizes will be awarded to Shoppers, at random, if they are caught in the act of honoring their pledge, by spending at Pagosa Springs retailers.
- Participation includes:
- Self-promotion of any and all deals/specials/events
- Submit info on events to the Chamber for promotion
- Posting at least 1 ‘Get Your Holiday Hoopla Pledge ID Card Here’
- Assisting Shoppers with the filling out of the pledge form, if necessary
- Providing one or more items/gift certificates for the prize pool
- Distribute 1 (one) drawing form to every pledged Shopper when they visit the store and spend $10 or more.
- Return the filled-out pledge forms and drawing form records to the Chamber
- Print the necessary forms provided by the Chamber
- Merchant specific pledge sign-up form
- Drawing forms
- Pledger ID Cards
- In-store information sheet for all employees to be up to speed
- Maintain sufficient supplies of all printed forms to serve Pledgers and other Shoppers
- Offer special discounts or ‘Lunch Specials’ for Hoopla Pledgers showing their Pledge ID Card.
- Participating Restaurants will also be highlighted on/though the various Chamber Holiday Hoopla pages/sites/channels.
Chamber efforts on behalf of the Merchants
- Online and in-person classes will be offered to help Merchants with the following:
- Prepping for the season and their particular events
- Effectively use all media avenues available
- Use the holiday events to springboard into winter and spring sales events
- Class dates
10/15 8:00 am
10/17 1:00 pm
10/21 5:30 pm
- Using Social Media and email campaigns to:
- Solicit resident and visitor pledges
- Highlight individual Merchant deals/specials/events
- Chamber will share results of the campaign w/ Merchant upon request
- Members may have Facebook Live events from time to time during the Holiday Hoopla
- Prize drawing
- Packages will be created from donated prizes
- Determine dates and times of drawings
- Chamber staff will be out and about during the shopping season looking for Pledged Shoppers spending at participating Merchants
- Offering random prizes for Santa’s bag
- Potentially doing a quick Facebook Live event w/ prize winner and Merchant
- Chamber prizes for Merchants
- Merchant making the sale drawn as the Grand Prize Winner
- Merchant soliciting the largest number of Pledgers
- Special advertising rates w/ the Pagosa SUN for special Holiday Hoopla participating Merchant pages
- Use of SUN and Pagosa Daily Post articles
- Chamber Radio show on KWUF
- Chamber social media
- Quick social media interviews w/ community and business leaders, plus pledgers
- Special Logo to be used by all participants
- Invitations to PS/Chama/Dulce/South Fork/Creede residents
(This is a great resource article and sample calendar)