Becoming a member of the Pagosa Springs Area Chamber of Commerce is an investment in your company and your community.
The Pagosa Springs Area Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of business and professional men and women who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the commercial, industrial and civic progress of our community.
The work done by the Chamber of Commerce directly impacts the economic well being of the community as well as the healthy growth of the area. It encourages its membership to achieve collectively what would be impossible individually.
The Benefits are made up of:
• Space in the Visitor Center lobby and representation by 50+ Diplomats.
• Yearly Volunteer Orientation for local businesses.
• Listing in the Chamber’s Business Directory in print and online.
• Website listing under the appropriate business category with a description of the services you provide and a link to your website.
• Chamber Communique Newsletter that includes information about the Chamber, member businesses and the community.
• Use of the Chamber bulk mailing permit.
• Use of Trade Show display kit, white board/easel and collapsible easels.
• Use of the Chamber Conference Room.
• Weekly email updates.
• Weekly newspaper column, on-line article and radio spot that highlight business activities.
• Ribbon-cutting ceremonies for grand and relocation openings.
• Statistical data and referral reports published for business use.
• Recognition for community achievement.
• Business referrals for visitors, callers and those contacting the Chamber via email – It is our policy to refer Chamber members first!
• Social Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
• Low-cost prescription card.
• Discounted gym membership through Momentum 24/7 Fitness.
• Discounted Constant Contact services.
• 1.5 hour business consultation with Joe Keck from the Small Business Development Center at Fort Lewis College.
Marketing Opportunities (minimal cost):
• Enhanced Membership – place your logo, photo and/or video link on your business listing, move to the top of your listing category and add more keywords.
• Advantage Membership – tiered packages that include membership benefits AND sponsorship opportunities.
• Additional Listings in the Business Directory and on the Chamber website.
• Website Banner Ads.
• Job Postings
• Bi-monthly newsletter -inserts and page-sponsorship available.
• Use of the Chamber copier, fax, scanner and folding machine.
• A la Cart Event Sponsorship Opportunities: Colorfest, Winterfest, Car Show, Renaissance and Pirate Festival, Annual Meeting
• Electronic mailing list and/or mailing labels of Chamber members.
• Sell event tickets at the Chamber for members and member organizations only.
• Co-Op advertising opportunities in various Colorado vacation guides at reduced rates.
• Network Initiative.
• Monthly SunDowners hosted by local businesses and the Chamber.
• Monthly Maximizing Your Membership seminars.
• Business Bites – Educational Lunches.
• Annual Membership Celebration.
• Business to Business Expo.
• Special seminars to improve your business expertise.
• Business Bites.
• Business to Business Expo.
• Business Enhancement Programs: tailored consultations, seminars and workshops to improve business expertise.
• Maximizing Your Membership.
• Sponsor of Leading Edge NxLevel class and Marketing for Smarties, Small Business Development Center (SBDC) seminars.
Community Economic Programs:
• Pagosa Perks – Designed to keep local dollars in Pagosa. Accepted by most Pagosa businesses. Can be purchased
just like a gift certificate in increments . A reminder to “Shop Pagosa First.”
• Chamber promotion for Annual Sidewalk Sale, Parade of Stores Annual “No Tax” Shopping Event.
• Host of Major Community Events – economic and visitor attraction.
• Major Contact for large group sales, events and short-term business opportunities.
Local, State and Regional Representation in Organizations Beneficial to the Business Community:
• Membership in the Colorado Chamber of Commerce Executives, Colorado Association of Commerce & Industry
(CACI), Southwest Colorado Travel Region, Small Business Development Center at Fort Lewis College, Club 20.
• Southwest Colorado Community College (SWCCC) Advisory Board.
• Partnership with the Pagosa Springs Community Development Corporation, Town Tourism Committee (TTC) and
other local organizations to attract business to the Pagosa Springs area.
• Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Advisory Board.
• El Pomar Foundation (SW Regional Council).
• Consistent representation at local regulatory and government meetings.